Commercial and/or Property Lawyer (3-5 yrs PAE)
NB Lawyers are the lawyers for employers who believe in providing specialised legal advice we partner with our clients to provide the best outcomes possible and proactive practical legal strategies for the future.
Due to continual growth, there is an exciting opportunity to welcome a new Part Time Commercial Lawyer (3-5 years PAE) into our Brisbane office. This position will suit a Lawyer who has built a solid skill set in the Commercial area and who wants to now play an active role in continuing to grow the firm and build relationships with clients.
Make no mistake this is a rare opportunity to build a profile and actively engage in the firm’s business development! – whilst working on a Part Time basis.
Criteria – The successful candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years post admission experience (either in a law firm or through in house practice)
- An ability to reach standard budgets and targets in a law firm environment; managing deadlines, dealing with unexpected tasks and prioritising work accordingly
- Good practice of business ethics
- Ability to work unsupervised and independently at the same time a team player
- Communication skills and the ability to convey legal advice into everyday language for clients
- Innovative, solutions focused and the ability to provide practical legal advice
- Flexible, adaptive and hands on as there is a diverse client base from a variety of industries
- Demonstrated ability in taking directions from Partners
- Some experience in supervising junior staff would be idea
Type of work will include:
- Sales / purchases of business and companies;
- General contract drafting, reviews and advice (including supply agreements, terms and conditions, consultancy agreements);
- Structuring including shareholders / unitholders and joint venture agreements;
- Loan and security documents;
- Compliance advice (e.g. Consumer Law and Corporations Act);
- Corporate law;
- Intellectual Property;
- Commercial dispute resolution and litigation.
- Ideally (but not essential) a client base that will follow you to this new role (bonuses will be available for work brought into the firm upon commencement)
In return we offer a highly competitive salary package PLUS bonuses. Other benefits can be negotiated for the right candidate. We have a well-equipped office on Park Road at Milton and a positive, energetic work environment. In this role you will be provided with support and assistance from various members of the firm, including specialist Marketing, HR, IT and Administration support.
The role has flexible working times and an ability to work hours that suit family and parental needs, hobbies, sports and/or other business interests.
Located in Brisbane with an office in Sydney, Adelaide and Cairns we service clients across Australia and are a rapidly growing firm. Our culture revolves around a vibrant, dynamic, solution driven and client oriented atmosphere.
This role won’t suit a lawyer who wants to sit in an office all day and merely work ordinary billable hours, however, if you are a motivated and passionate Commercial Lawyer looking to get out from behind your desk and help grow our practice this is the opportunity for you.
In house practitioners are also encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.