Part time Commercial Lawyer
NB Lawyers are the lawyers for employers who believe in providing specialised legal advice creating peace of mind, preventive measures and developing risk mitigation strategies. Located in Brisbane with an office in Sydney, Adelaide and Cairns we service clients across Australia and are a rapidly growing firm. Our culture revolves around a vibrant, dynamic, solution driven and client orientated atmosphere. We partner with our clients to provide the best outcomes possible and proactive strategies for the future.
Due to continual growth, there is an exciting opportunity to welcome a new Part Time Commercial and Property Lawyer (3-5 years PAE) into our Brisbane office. This position will suit a Lawyer who has built a solid skill set in the Property and Commercial area and who wants to now play an active role in continuing to grow the firm and build relationships with clients.
Working on a variety of commercial and property matters you will be providing high quality legal advice. You will also be expected to assist in the continual building of the business and development of your own portfolio of clients.
The role has flexible working times and an ability to work hours that suit family and parental needs, hobbies, sports and/or other business interests.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years post admission experience (either in a law firm or through in house practice)
- Solid knowledge and proven experience of commercial and property law
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Bachelor of Laws with a current Queensland practicing certificate
- An ability to reach standard budgets and targets in a law firm environment; managing deadlines, dealing with unexpected tasks and prioritising work accordingly
- Good practice of business ethics
- The ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Ideally (but not essential) a client base that will follow you to this new role (bonuses will be available for work brought into the firm upon commencement)
- Knowledge of other areas of law will be an advantage though not mandatory
In return we offer a highly competitive salary package (depending on experience) PLUS bonuses. Other benefits can be negotiated for the right candidate. We have a well-equipped office on Park Road at Milton and a positive, energetic work environment. In this role you will be provided with support and assistance from various members of the firm, including specialist Marketing, HR, IT and Administration support.
If you are a motivated and passionate Commercial and Property Lawyer looking to get out from behind your desk and help grow our practice and also looking for flexible work times this is the opportunity for you.
In house practitioners are also encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.