NB Lawyers and its entities is a legal practice. We are committed to ensuring that
when we collect and use information about visitors to our websites (as described below) we do so in
accordance with applicable data privacy laws.
of our websites. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our main website; and
You do not have to give us any information in order to use most of our websites. However, we may
need to collect certain details from you if, for example, you want to subscribe to our publications,
3. Information collection
When you visit our website, we may collect the following:
- Information you provide by completing forms on our websites (this includes information you
give us when registering on any of our websites, subscribing to our services, submitting material or
requesting further services);
- Information you provide to us if you contact us, for example to report a problem with our
websites or raise a query or comment; and
- Details of visits made to our websites including, but not limited to, the volume of traffic
received, logs (including, where available, the IP address of the device connecting to the websites)
and the resources accessed.
Generally we collect personal information directly from you, however sometimes we may collect that
information from public records, information brokers and third parties, such as those identified in
the ‘Disclosure of your information’ section below.
4. Use of your information
We use your information in order to provide you with, and improve, our services, for example:
- To ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you
and for your computer and settings;
- To provide you with information and services that you request from us or which we feel may
interest you as permitted under applicable law;
- To maintain and develop our relationship with you;
- For research, planning, service development, security or risk management;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To allow you to use or access interactive features or secure areas of our websites, when you
choose to do so.
5. Disclosure of your information
We own the database rights in the information collected via our websites. We do not trade in or
rent out this information. As a legal practice, we may in providing our services and operating our
business, allow our offices, branches and associated firms and our service providers to access your
information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties where:
- You have consented to us sharing your personal information in this way;
- We are under a legal, regulatory or professional obligation to do so (for example, in order
to comply with anti-money laundering requirements) or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of
Business (or other client terms) or to protect the rights and interests, property, or safety of HSF, our
clients or others;
- All, or substantially all the assets of an entity within HSF are merged with or acquired by
a third party, in which case your personal information may form part of the transferred or merged
- It is relevant in the circumstances to disclose the information to our clients, your employer
or place of business, your professional advisers and parties with whom we have co-promotional
arrangements (such as jointly sponsored events);
- We provide anonymous statistical information about users of our websites and related usage
information to reputable third parties; or
- We use a third party service provider to provide services that involve data processing, for
example archival, auditing, professional advisory (including legal, accounting, financial and business
consulting), mailing house, delivery, technology, website, research, banking, payment, client contact,
data processing, insurance, forensic, litigation support, marketing and security services.
Some of the third parties with whom we share personal may be located outside your country or the
country from which the data were provided (collectively the “jurisdiction of origin”). While such third
parties will often be subject to privacy and confidentiality obligations, you accept that where lawful
such obligations may differ from and be less stringent than the requirements of the privacy laws of the
jurisdiction of origin.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the
security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have
received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised
You can help us to keep your information secure; please remember that any user name or password
in relation to our websites is personal to you and should not be made available to any other person.
You should stop using your username and password and notify us immediately if you suspect that
someone else may be using them.
other users when you browse our websites and also to allow us to improve our websites. For more
information about the cookies we use, the purposes for which we use them and details on how to
8. Third party sites
In addition to our websites, which we control directly, we also use and provide links to websites which
are controlled by third parties. If you use or follow a link to any of these third party websites, please
be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we cannot accept any responsibility
for their use of information about you.
9. Your rights
The privacy laws of some jurisdictions such as the European Union Member States and Australia,
give individuals the right to access and amend their personal information. If you would like to request
a copy of your data or would like to change the information we hold about you, please contact
At any time if you would prefer to stop receiving newsletters and updates from us, please use the
“unsubscribe” option included in the email or other material.
10. Status of this policy
us from time to time.
Technologies and information governance practices are constantly developing. We may therefore
that you are aware of any changes to its terms.